In a school-wide bid to help everyone make progress in maths, we have decided to set additional maths homework every week through the MyMaths website. We hope that the children will enjoy the fun, interactive games and activities whilst improving their maths skills.
We have made the assumption that most homes will have access to some form of technology that enables children to access MyMaths. This could be a laptop, IPad or any kind of smartphone, for example.
Please let us know if your child can not access MyMaths and we will send home printed worksheets instead.
To access MyMaths on a tablet or smartphone, you will need to download the free app Puffin Academy.
1. Go to the App Store or Google Play Store
2. Search for Puffin Academy and download it.
3. Once downloaded, open the app.
4. Search for MyMaths in the search bar (located on the top right hand side of the screen).
5. Select MyMaths
6. To use MyMaths in future, simply load up Puffin Academy and the MyMaths logo should be displayed.
Your child will be bringing home a letter containing additional information. Each child will have a west rise login and then their own individual passwords, so that we can track their progress through the program.
We are very excited to be introducing MyMaths at West Rise. Please do come and see us if you have any further questions.
The Year 3 team.